I generally collect or receive information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to me, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts, (2) I collect information automatically, such as through cookies or through use of my services, and (3) other parties, such as social networks, may provide information to me. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
(1) Information you voluntarily choose to provide
You may provide your personal information to me when you choose to use my websites, products and services. Because I change my offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide me with information also may change. The following are some examples of situations in which you may provide information to me:
- Creating an account to use my websites, services or products;
- Purchasing something from me or otherwise engage in a transaction with me;
- Registering for or participate in special events;
- Participating in any of my promotions;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from me;
- Complete a survey;
- Contacting me for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The personal information I collect from you will vary depending on the services you are using, the websites you are visiting, and how you access those services and websites. The information you provide to me may include your name and your email address(es). If you choose to make a purchase, I will collect payment card information such as your card's payment account number and expiration date. Sometimes I ask for your phone number, your postal address, your billing address.
(2) Information collected automatically when you use my websites, products and services
I collect some information automatically when you visit my websites or use my services and products. If a combination of informations that I collect does identify you as an individual, I will treat the combined information as personal information. I typically aggregate the data that I collect automatically and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. I collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, and my back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from my services and products. I may also utilize Google Analytics and Yandex Metrics in the collection, compilation and analysis of information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of my Services, and to develop website content.
This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. I use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that I automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or my services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interactions with my websites, services and products, which may include the URLs of my websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type and other usage statistics;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience;
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device's IP address.
Please note that if certain features on my websites are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of my websites or others' websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties' privacy notices and policies.
(3) Information I receive from other sources
From time to time I may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers. I take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to me. Examples of the information I may receive from other sources include: device information (such as IP addresses), location, and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). I use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) I collect, to enhance my ability to provide you with more relevant products features, and services.
Although I cannot control your privacy settings at those websites or how those other parties protect your privacy, once I receive information about you through those websites, I will treat it in accordance with this policy.